Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy late Halloween

I wasn't going to post anything because I am so late from Halloween, but I felt that I needed to show how much fun we had. I let Moala and Dylon carve their own pumpkins however they wanted. I just closely supervised and helped cut when needed, and they ended up really cute! Dylons is the first one. He cut through the eyes a bit, but it still turned out great. Moala's is the second. He kept it simple, but scary. They had so much fun. We only wish that we could have finished them where we started them. Originally we started at Fotu's birthday, but we didn't get to finish because it got dark and started to get cold. It was still fun though!


Usually on Halloween, we spend all of our night traveling to each grandmas house and we don't usually get much candy. This year Doug and I decided to stay at home and trick or treat in our own neighborhood. I cooked dinner, the kids and I baked and decorated sugar cookies, and when it was just dark enough, we headed out. This was Kendal's first Halloween where he was able to walk. We thought we'd be carrying him the whole time, but he was a soldier! Kendal walked around the whole neighborhood carrying his own bucket. He was trying to be a big kid, not allowing Doug or I to carry his candy. When offered, he'd quickly reply "NO" (one of the clearest words he says). The best was hearing him try to say "trick or treat" and then clearly say "thank you" once he got his candy. It is so fun watching him grow. He is not like a normal 22 month old toddler. It's as if he has super powers, well maybe we'll just pretend he does for Halloween!!

1 comment:

Halli said...

Love the pumpkins...way cute!! And Kendal, wow a big kid, huh?! So much better than Uaks. My arms ached the next day because I forgot the stroller. It's not necessarily that he wanted to be carried, but he wouldn't go in the direction we were headed. It's like he had a trick-or-treat plan of his own. =)